This entry was posted in Elm Class and tagged .

Elm Class Learning 1st April

Happy Wednesday everyone, you are nearly there! Almost time for a well-deserved break! 😊

Spellings: Practice using the spelling menu of ‘I before e, except after c words’.

Grammar: Can you write down as many subordinate conjunctions as you can remember? Can you write a sentence about an activity around the house using a subordinate and a main clause?
E.G: While I was playing football in the garden, the sun was shining.
If you need to recap this, see the video I have attached!

English: Can you finish your newspaper article, including your conclusion paragraph? This may be a summary of what is now going to happen in Little Weirwold, now that the war has been announced. After this, go back through your newspaper article- can you edit it? Could you add anything else to make it even better- look back at our Blitz example for ideas! Last but not least, give your newspaper a headline! Could you use alliteration, rhyme or a pun?

Arithmetic: Finding percentages of amounts.

Maths: L.O- I can answer word problems on fractions, decimals and percentages. I have uploaded to the class webpage, an activity on percentages, including using percentages within word problems for Year 6 and an activity on decimals and percentages for Year 5, using your problem solving skills. Only complete up to what you feel confident in completing, this task is to round off everything we have done on fractions, decimals and percentages.

History- I have decided to not carry on with the R.E at the moment, as it may prove difficult without some explanation. So, today I would like you research the events of Pearl Harbour and why this was an important event during WW2. Make some notes on what you find, can you explain these to another member of your household? Can you tell them something they didn’t know before?

Additional: Daily mile around your garden, reading for 20 mins, Joe Wicks P.E session, something from your self- care list you would like to do!

Thank you for all of your hard work,
Miss Coates.