This entry was posted in Elm Class and tagged .

Elm Class learning for Wednesday 18th March 2020

In Elm Class today, we will be looking at describing character feelings through a ‘show me not tell me’ strategy. For example, if the character is feeling anxious, their heart may be beating out of their chest and they may have sweaty palms. To write in role for our final draft of our diary entry as Will or Mister Tom from Chapter 9, after Will has had his birthday, we will be having a go at describing their feelings using a show me not tell me method. Can you think of some of the feelings of each character from this Chapter and describe how they felt from the character’s point of view, using their actions?

Maths – We will be looking at identifying and plotting co-ordinates on a grid to create different shapes.

R.E. – We will be revisiting the Easter Story and creating a story map of the story. We will also be looking at why Easter is an important time for Christians and the meaning of the different days in the Christian calendar.

History – A recount of the first night of the Blitz- you could put yourself in the shoes of a fireman, soldier, a nurse or doctor. Then create a non- chronological report on the Battle of Britain. 

Thank you, Miss Coates.