Cedar Class

Cedar class learning for 27 APR 2020

English: LO: to investigate Haiku.

A haiku is a type of poem which originated in Japan. Today I would like you to research what a haiku is. What does a poem have to be to be a haiku? Can you find and read and famous haiku poems?

Maths: LO: to add in money.

Last term we did some work on money, and this week we will be revisiting this topic. For today’s work I would like you to look over some of the work you did last term on adding money. Can you remember how to do this? Find some items with price tags on around the house, gather up 3 or 4 items and see if you can add the price of them up to work out the total cost of all the items. If you can’t find any items with price tags/labels on, or the prices are too tricky for you to add, think up some prices for your favourite sweets and add those together. For example, a bar of dairy milk is 75p, a small bag of haribo starmix is 10p, a can of diet coke is 99p. If I wanted to buy all of these items I would need 75p + 10p + 99p = ?

On the class website for the 25th of March there is a guide on how to use a number line to add money. This has a picture of an example I created which you might find helpful! Take a look if you need reminding: