This entry was posted in Elm Class and tagged .

Monday 20th April 2020 Suggested learning, Elm Class

Good afternoon everyone!

I hope you have had a great Easter, I am missing you all!

As previously mentioned in the above post, the Maths and English tasks will remain in the same format but the afternoon tasks will be a list of suggested activities for the week involving our study of Japan. Don’t worry about completing all of these, just pick some that you would like to have a go at. You can even take inspiration from the lists in other classes. Below, I have uploaded the list of ideas if you wish to download them or print them off and decide which you would like to have a go at!

When you can, I have also set just like before, some short spelling, grammar and arithmetic activities to have a go at too, as well as daily reading.

Remember, do not worry, just have a go and I’m looking forward to seeing all of your fantastic work! I would love to see some of your work you complete throughout the week on this post, I love seeing all of your wonderful creations and the hard work you have put in!

Spelling: Practice of words ending tious/cious- can you create a word list?

Arithmetic: Practice of long multiplication with 2 and 3 digit numbers.

Grammar: Revision of adjectives, verbs, nouns and adverbs- can you find examples around the house? Reading book? Newspapers? Recipe book? Letters? 

English: Today, like we do at the start of every half term, is Mrs Godbold’s writing challenge! Look for Miss Brown’s post in the morning; she will be revealing the topic of the writing for the whole school! 

Maths: L.O- To create your own analogue clock. To start off the week, I would like you to have a go at making your own analogue clock! You can do this using anything from around the house: You could use a hula hoop and chalk in the garden, Lego bricks, paper plates, be creative! If not, I have attached a template to the class webpage to create your own if you like, or you can draw your own! Can you create some times on your clock using the hour and minute hands? Can you tell an adult the time you have created?  Remember, the minutes on an analogue go up in 5 minute intervals! If you have a younger sibling, can you help them to read the time they have created and explain why? Are there different ways of saying the time you have created? For example: 8.55 or 5 minutes to 9?

Below are some picture examples of clocks you could create with things around the house if you need some inspiration.

Japan topic ideas – see attached document below.

Thank you, Miss Coates.