Oak Class

Oak Class Wednesday 29th April

Phonics: Use the sound er at the end of the word for flower and shower. Can you think of any other words that would use the ow and the er sounds? Can you write a list of these words? It would be great if you could write a sentence using any of these words today.

Maths: Today I would like you to test your memory. Using a selection of different coins and notes, can you put them on tray or plate, look at them, remember them, cover them up with a scarf or tea towel, and then the adult to take one away. Can you remember which one is missing? What is you took 2 coins away? Could you add up the coins? See how you get on!

P.E. I know many of us are working out with Joe every day which is great. I love playing the spot the difference! Keep it going! If you get time, try a bit of Yoga today. The weather might not be great, so a bit of relaxation is good for everyone!

Japan: I would like us all to get a bit crafty today and try making a carp windsock. Can you find out which Japanese Festival celebrates by hanging carp windsocks outside of peoples houses? Why is it a carp? Have fun making them!

Mrs T