This entry was posted in Elm Class and tagged .

Elm Class Learning Thursday 26th March 2020

Spelling: Can you think of an inventive way to practice your ‘ure’ spellings? Rainbow colours? Backwards? Different fonts? Try out some new ideas!

English: Today, I have uploaded onto our class webpage, a reading inference session. The questions are based on the first chapter from Carrie’s War by Nina Bawden, which I have also uploaded to the website. Can you have a go at the reading ERIC and then choose challenge questions 1, 2 or 3 to have a go at? I have picked out some new vocabulary from the chapter, could you keep these somewhere at home? Create your own word wall or keep them in a notebook or scrapbook to look back on!

Maths: L.O- I can find fractions of amounts (Both year 5’s and 6s). This will be a revision session, to keep your skills ticking over!
I have uploaded differentiated learning packs for each year group, which include a step by step guide on how to find a fraction of an amount and a ‘mild and hot’ challenge to have a go at depending on how confident you are.

Arithmetic: Final practice of adding and subtracting decimals. If you would like to have a go at the weekly Arithmetic test tomorrow, I will upload it to the school website.
Questions:
2.5+ 0.05=
4- 1.15=
______ + 2.5 = 4.16
9- 3.45=
_______ – 4.26= 8.15

Geography: In our History lessons, we have looked at the Allies and Axis countries to Great Britain. The Allies were Russia, USA, France and China. The Axis powers were Germany, Italy and Japan. Can you point these out on a World Map? Can you choose one of the countries and create a fact file about the country in your home learning book.

Additional: Daily mile, reading, practice of times tables, board games!
Hope you are all ok, and managing to enjoy some of the sunshine! 🙂

Miss Coates