Spelling – can you recall all the spelling rules we’ve looked at this week? Pick some of the words and practise spelling them out loud, or writing them down. Can you ask a grown up to test you on some of the words? How many can you remember?
English – write a riddle and share on the sharing assembly post or email it to Mrs Keeler.
Maths – complete the “counting fruit” activity.
Theme – this week we will be learning all about festivals in Mexico. Complete some research about Mexican festivals of your own, or have a look at the following:
- ‘Cinco de Mayo’ when is it? What does it mean? How do Mexicans celebrate?
- When is Mexico Independence Day? How do Mexicans celebrate?
- When is the Mexican festival Day of the Dead? How long does it last? How do Mexicans celebrate and remember their loved ones?
- What is “Semana Santa”? What time of year does it occur?
- What is “Las Posadas”? What do children eat during this festival? What do they do?
- Who is celebrated during the “Festival de Mexico”? What time of year does it happen?
- What are the main holidays celebrated in Mexico?
- What is the biggest celebration in Mexico?
- Which religious festivals are celebrated in Mexico?
Thank you, Mrs Keeler