At The Churchside Federation we explore Religion and its impact through a series of enquiries. This may be religion specific e.g. How do Hindus express beliefs about God? or cover a subject that is multi-faith e.g. How does celebration bring a community together?
We cover the theology of a religion (how a faith worships and the stories associated with a faith), the social and human sciences of a religion (how a religion impacts on a believer’s life and what they do) and philosophy (what a faith believes and the different views within this). We have a series of Age Related Expectations that suggest what children should be able to discuss for each Year group.
We strive to make Religious Education a fun and engaging subject with debates, role play, enjoying different celebrations and pilgrimages that enhance the children’s understanding and respect of different faiths around the world.
- Owls learnt about the Easter story and important Christian symbols
- Owls found out about the life and impact of Moses
- Tour of Hajj
- Rowan Class asked ‘What would Jesus do?’ and looked at the Christian teachings in the Gospels
- Rowan class investigated the Creation Vs Evolution debate
- Maple Class Tableaux
Maple Class made tableaux of the different events during Holy Week to help them write about them. Here we have Palm Sunday and Simon carrying the cross for Jesus.
- Diwali themed Mundford Junction
- Maple Class thought about what you would ask whoever created the World’
- Maple Class made Harvest Festival soup
- Hazel Class have investigated celebrations of different faiths
- Hazel Class visited the local church to look at places and symbols of worship
These websites can help provide more information about different religions to help with your learning. There are also some fun games to play!