This entry was posted in Elm Class and tagged .

Elm Class learning Friday 3rd April 2020

Hi everyone, you have made it to the Easter holidays, a well-deserved break!
Spellings: Can you get someone to test you on some of your ‘i before e except after c words?’

English: Following on from reading chapter 11 of Goodnight Mr Tom, I have added some reading comprehension questions to the class webpage, can you have a go at the reading ERIC before attempting the building block, word retrieval questions, and some of the challenge questions?

Maths- Understanding the language of ratio- today I would like you to revisit ratio. A ratio shows how much of one thing there is compared to another. I have uploaded an activity sheet to have a go at, see how much you can complete. If you cannot access the sheet, or want to try something different as an extra challenge, you can also use objects around your house to create a ratio. Set up a pattern and see if you can write the ratio down for the pattern you have created. For example:
There are 3 bananas for every 2 apples.
There are 4 red lego pieces for every 5 blue lego pieces!

Arithmetic: I have uploaded the weekly test to the class webpage and have uploaded the answers to check back.

PSHE: Today, I would like us to think about the ‘power of positive thinking’. Positive thinking can have a big impact on your mood and emotions and in the changing times we are experiencing at the moment, it is really important to think about our mind set. I have uploaded to the school website an information sheet about positive mind set and what positive affirmations are. I have then uploaded some examples of positive affirmation postcards. Your challenge: Could you make your own positive affirmation postcards, maybe to go on the fridge door on up in your bedroom? Help spread some positivity!

P4C: (If you have time) and fancy a discussion with your family members! What do we really need in life to feel content? Does this change for different people? Have these different times changed your view on what you think is most important?

Thank you for your continued support and positivity. If you would like to share anything tomorrow for the sharing assembly, I would love to see some of your work and creations! Have a fabulous Easter break, try and enjoy some of the nice weather to come- get out in the garden and enjoy some fresh air, I know I will be!

Miss Coates. 😊