One of the ways in which the children share their views and ideas at Gooderstone is through our School Council. The members are selected by democratic vote by the candidates’ class and the council meets weekly.
The purpose of the School Council is to:
- Promote empowerment
- Ensure that pupils’ views are central to the school and are acted upon
- Offer opinions about things that affect them
- Offer ideas for charitable fundraising, both local and international
- Improve the school
- Develop citizenship skills
- Create opportunities for other children to flourish.
Minutes from the meetings are displayed in school and given to all members of staff. The School Council has been responsible for many successful charitable campaigns.