Full time School Secretary
School: Gooderstone Church Of England Academy
35 hours per week; 39 weeks a year
(Would consider part time or job share)
Salary: £17,487 – £19,307
Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline application: 16/09/19 (9am deadline)
Interview date: 17/09/19
Situated in the beautiful rural village of Gooderstone is Gooderstone Church of England Primary Academy. The school is part of the Churchside Federation, federated with Mundford Church of England Primary Academy.
You will be the first point of contact for parents and students, addressing their varied needs, while providing professional administrative and clerical support services to a high standard to management and teachers.
You’ll have excellent organisational and ICT skills and be able to build good working relationships with staff and governors. The person appointed will need to demonstrate sympathy with the Christian ethos of the Academy Trust. The role involves supporting administrative and clerical functions to a high standard within the partnership, ensuring consistency.
Person Specification: Key role needing excellent flexibility and ability to work under own initiative. Proficient in a wide range of office skills including use of Microsoft Office.
- Confidentiality is an important part of the role with particular regard to maintaining data involved with data protection
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills.
- A welcoming and calm approach.
- Trustworthy, reliable, tactful and flexible
- Keen to learn and develop professionally
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding school roles and responsibilities and your own position within these.
- Previous experience of working in a school setting would be a strong advantage.
This position requires a candidate with excellent communication skills who is able to work under pressure in a busy environment. Schools visits are most welcome, please call the school office to arrange.