Welcome to Cedar Class!
This term Cedar class are exploring the theme Community, some of the questions Cedar want to find out are:
- Why are there communities?
- Why do we need to have communities?
- Is Gooderstone and Mundford one community or two different one?
- Are all the schools around England a community?
- Are football teams/stadiums communities?
- Who made the first community? How did it start?
What we’re reading in class:
In Power of Reading we are reading Krindlekrax, a fiction book. The outcomes of writing from the book will be:
- Writing a letter
- Non-chronological report
- We will also be doing lots of discussions about different characters discussing their feelings and roles in the book.
- Our class reader is ‘The Day I fell into a fairy tale’.
P.E: PE is on Tuesday afternoons, this will be with Rowan class.
Homework: Times table practice on TT Rockstars, regular reading ideally with an adult and spelling practice via Ed shed.
Bug Club Reading – Information regarding your child’s Bug Club login can be found inside their yellow reading diaries. Please visit: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login
Letterjoin: This site allows children to practice their handwriting and spelling.
TT Rockstars: This is where children can practice their times tables.
Purple Mash: We use Purple Mash for teaching computing, but children can access games for practising English and Maths at home.