Welcome to Elm Class
Our current theme is Change and some here are some of the questions that the children want to learn about:
- Why do changes from millions of years ago affect us today?
- Can a small change make a big difference?
- What changes now will impact the future?
- How is global warming changing our life? How can we change global warming?
- Why do we have to have change?
- When was the Victorian era?
- Once something has changed, can we change it back?
- How are stained glass windows made?
More information about this half-term’s learning can be found in the class newsletter and knowledge organisers below. Log in to google classroom for more ideas and links to support our learning. We will be continuing with our Muddy Moments lessons where we learn outside using natural resources, so don’t forget your warm clothes and waterproof shoes everyday. These lessons always include the 3 Muddy Ms: Mother Nature, Movement and Mental Health.
Currently our class reader is Floodland and our Power of Reading book is Varmints.
As well as your school reading book and allocated books on Bug Club, we want to encourage you to read lots of different things. Here is a book list of recommended texts for Year 5.
Download the list below and see how many you can tick off throughout the year.
Key Class Information
Homework & spellings are given out every Friday and due in the following Friday.
In a typical week, Miss Brown teaches the class on Monday, Tuesday & Friday; Miss Beaumont teaches all day Wednesday and Thursday.