Welcome to Elm Class
Our current theme is Impact and some here are some the questions that the children want to learn about:
- Does impact show immediately, over-time or never?
- Does everything have an impact?
- What impact did the Ancient Greeks have on us today?
- How do we know what impact the Ancient Greeks had?
- How are we impacting the world and affecting global warming and climate change?
- Can we change the impact we are having once it has started?
- How is the war in Ukraine impacting us?
More information about this half-term’s learning can be found in the class newsletter and knowledge organisers below. Log in to google classroom for more ideas and links to support our learning. We are all really excited about our new Muddy Moments lessons where we learn outside using natural resources. These lessons always include the 3 Muddy Ms: Mother Nature, Movement and Mental Health. Don’t forget to bring a warm and waterproof coat every day so we can enjoy Muddy Moments in all weathers!Rowan-Newsletter-Aut-1
Currently at school our power of reading book is Odysseus and our class readers is The Fire Breather, from the Greek Beasts and Heroes collection.
As well as your school reading book and allocated books on Bug Club, we want to encourage you to read lots of different things. Here is a book list of recommended texts for Year 5.
Download the list below and see how many you can tick off throughout the year.
Key Class Information
Homework & spellings are given out every Friday and due in the following Friday.
In a typical week, Miss Brown teaches the class on Monday, Tuesday & Friday; Miss Beaumont teaches all day Wednesday and Thursday.