Welcome to Elm Class
Our Summer theme is Community and some here are some of the questions that the children want to learn about:
- How can we help our local community?
- How can we build links with our local community?
- hat do communities do to link and help each?
- How have communities built and developed in the past?
- What do place names tell us about communities?
- How have communities developed and evolved?
- Can we create a business within the local community?
- What is a Christian community? Can we build more of a community between Church and school?
More information about this half-term’s learning can be found in the class newsletter and knowledge organisers below. Log in to google classroom for more ideas and links to support our learning, as well as the weekly homework tasks. We will be continuing with our Muddy Moments lessons where we learn outside using natural resources, so don’t forget your warm clothes and waterproof shoes everyday. These lessons always include the 3 Muddy Ms: Mother Nature, Movement and Mental Health.
We are currently reading Cosmic by Frank-Cotrell Boyce.
As well as your school reading book and allocated books on Bug Club, we want to encourage you to read lots of different things. Here is a book list of recommended texts for Year 5.
Download the list below and see how many you can tick off throughout the year.
Key Class Information
Homework & spellings are given out every Friday and due in the following Friday.
In a typical week, Miss Brown teaches the class on Monday, Tuesday & Friday; Miss Beaumont teaches all day Wednesday and Thursday.